As we are all preparing for a happy holiday, I wanted to share with you a few tips and ideas on how to stay healthy and safe through all of your holiday events and plans!
Hello everyone, and welcome back to the blog! It's Dr. Bob Salamon here with Lowcountry Chiropractic! I hope you all are doing well out there, and hope that you're staying healthy and well. I know it doesn't really feel like winter yet here in Charleston, but during these last few weeks of 2020
make sure to prepare yourself for cold and flu season, for the seasons to drastically change at the drop of a hat, and make plans to keep yourself healthy! Remember that your health is in your hands; why not improve your health journey now as we embark on a new year? Make time for chiropractic care, make time for exercising, getting plenty of sleep, eat well, and drink plenty of water. The holidays can make it easy to forget all about these important things, but give yourself the gift of your best health yet. You deserve it after 2020 and all of its challenges, so go ahead and give yourself this gift! I am here to help you along the way, so please don't hesitate to reach out and give us a call. I am always excited to be a part of your health journey and to help you feel your best.
I do want to take the time to thank everyone who was a part of this year's holiday promotion! From
all of us at Lowcountry Chiropractic, thank you so much for participating and helping us give back to
our community. Thank you for donating all of your nonperishable food items to the Lowcountry Food
Bank, and ensuring that Christmas and the holidays for so many of our neighbors will be happy. You
helped so many families have plenty of food this time of year, and you helped them stay healthy and
safe. That is truly an incredible gift. It was also wonderful to see so many returning patients, meet
new patients, and to experience the holiday season with our holiday promotion with you! Congratulations to all of the winners of our contest, I hope you enjoy your prizes! Thank you again for
joining us in giving back this year. Every little bit always helps!
As a little gift from me to all of you, I wanted to give you a little checklist of things to help keep you
healthy, safe and feeling your best during the holiday season. You might not even realize it, but the
holidays can do more damage to your body than you think possible. It can be the most wonderful
time of the year to spend with your loved ones and celebrate, but it can leave your body tired, sore,
and with new painful, difficult subluxations. Remember too that this holiday season will be different
than the rest. Please make safe decisions when gathering, celebrating, and having holiday parties.
Be safe, be happy, and be merry! Also, make sure to take this checklist to heart. You are giving so
much to others this holiday season, so make sure to take these few extra steps to give back to your
body. Your back will really appreciate not going into 2021 with new subluxations!
● Eat well during the holidays! Don't forget the rainbow this time of year! While all of our favorite salty and sugary treats will be constantly around us, (safe) gatherings with your loved ones will mean all kinds of fun dishes, and the draw of eating out or getting takeout will be plentiful. Try and remember to eat the rainbow and maintain your healthy diet as much as possible. Eat your green leafy veggies, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Remember to keep up with eating all the foods I've talked about in the past that help prevent and eliminate inflammation.
● Make sure to stay active this holiday season, and include the whole family in your activities. Chilly weather can cause muscles and tendons to get cold when you're working out, so please make sure to properly warm-up and cool down, stretch, and drink plenty of water. Make sure to keep up with getting plenty of rest. Take advantage of any time off and get caught up on your rest and relaxation. Remember, even though rest is important, moderation is still key. Make sure you keep up with your chiropractic visits too. If you haven't added chiropractic care into your healthy lifestyle, make sure to do so! Right now is the perfect time to get started with us to kick off a bright and healthy new year.
● Be very cautious when decorating! While we all want to be the Griswold's, heavy lifting and time spent in awkward angles on a ladder can do some serious damage to your back! Make sure to lift your Christmas trees, boxes of decorations, and lights properly. When lifting these items, make sure to lift with your legs and knees and not your back. If you feel a little bentout of shape after you decorate, come see me to make sure everything is properly aligned and that there are no new subluxations that have appeared!
● Even before the 2020 pandemic, I would stress to my patients to continue to wash their hands frequently. Now I encourage it more than ever. I know you've been asked to wash your hands a lot this year, but please keep it up! Don't forget to add vitamin D3 to your healthy regimen too. This important supplement can help strengthen your immune system and help fight off any sickness trying to get into your body!
● Remember to enjoy all of your favorite holiday drinks, dishes, snacks, and goodies in moderation. This includes long movie days, Netflix binges, long afternoons spent reading, and long days shopping out at the malls or on your couch online. Make sure to take a moment to rest, moments to get up and stretch and moments to stay active with each of these activities.
● Give yourself breaks from long drives if you are planning on traveling, and plan ways to avoid eating tons of fast food while out and about.
● Just like you prepare for guests, try and stay ahead with everything in your life during the holidays! Prepare healthy meals to enjoy ahead of time so you aren't tempted to eat out.
● Plan activities with your loved ones that don't center around food. Planning a walk with your guests is a great way to get started with this!
● If you are traveling this year and you have a long drive ahead of you, take a lower lumbar pillow with you to relieve some of the stress and pressure that can build up on your lower back.
● Don't drive straight through to your holiday destination. Make plans to stop and stretch and walk around a little bit every couple of hours.
● While it might be tempting to lounge during these long drives, make sure to maintain the best posture that you can while you're driving.
● If you're a passenger during these long holiday trips, make sure to give yourself a break from scrolling through your phone and reading. Looking down for long periods can put a lot of pressure on your neck, leading to headaches or shoulder aches. Make sure to give yourself some device-free time!
I want your holidays to be as wonderful as you are planning them to be. What will help this become a reality is considering this list and taking control of your health. Let this holiday be the reason for the season, a time to give back to others, a time spent with your loved ones, and the time you take control of your health. Thank you, again for being a part of our holiday promotion everyone! I also want to take a moment and thank all of you for helping all of us at Lowcountry Chiropractic have a great year. Thank you for working with us when our schedules changed, as we navigated through the pandemic together, and for supporting what we love to do and love to offer our patients. This couldn't have been possible without you, and we are forever thankful for your support and love. From all of us at Lowcountry Chiropractic, we hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful holiday and a fantastic new year. Until next time and next year, I'm Dr. Bob and I've got your back covered!
There are so many exciting things happening in our office, and I can't wait to share them with you!
Hey everybody, it's Dr. Bob Salamon here with Lowcountry Chiropractic. I hope you're all doing well out there. Today on the blog we are going to be talking about a wonderful new addition to my Social Media world! As many of you know who support me on Facebook, Instagram, and beyond, you've seen that I try to stay as connected and be as up to date in the social media world as possible. It's also another way that I can teach about chiropractic, and it is something that I get very excited about! I am passionate about connecting with my patients and supporters as frequently as possible and in as many ways as possible. This is why I have decided to add something very special to my normal rotation of postings!
As many of you know and have seen through my social media posts, I am very passionate about what we do in the office and the many ways I try to help as many people as possible. Chiropractic is such an amazing thing, and it's just not being utilized as much as I believe it should be or could be. The amount of misinformation, not knowing about its benefits, and the anticipated cost for treatments has gotten in the way of so many people seeking out treatment. This is one of the many reasons why I use social media, so I can break down these myths and misinformation and share what the heart of chiropractic is, and the fact that it can help anyone and everyone at any point of their life journey.
One of my favorite ways of doing this is coming right to you on your computer or smartphone screens in the form of exciting vlogs! Or, in other words, a video blog! I have this bi-weekly blog that goes out twice a month, and I also have a bi-weekly vlog that goes out on Facebook twice a month, along with other weekly posts. If you haven't been watching my vlogs, I encourage you to do so to continue learning more about the benefits of chiropractic care, what's happening in our offices, and to get to know me a little bit better too! As some of you might know, we are a bilingual office. Our front desk receptionist and I are fluent in Spanish and we are huge supporters of the very large and wonderful Hispanic community right here in Charleston.
About two weeks ago I published my first, of what will hopefully be many, vlog that was in all Spanish! I discussed what chiropractic is and the benefits of it, and how it can help with pain reduction. When you do go and give it a watch I hope you enjoy it, and please remember there will be many more to come. It is an honor and a passion of mine to help and support the Latino community here in Charleston. I truly enjoy taking care of this vibrant community, they are great people and hard-working people. Since we speak Spanish here in the office, we do have the ability to really help those who might not be able to speak English very well or at all, and it is something we help with regularly. If you have a family member who has been avoiding getting the treatment they need because they've been concerned with a language barrier, that will no longer be an issue. Come and see us!
I hope these news updates are just as exciting for you as they are for us! I am so excited to see all of you this holiday season, to see you participate in our holiday promotion, to see how many food items we can collect, and to meet all of your referrals. If you have any questions or would like to come in for an appointment, don't hesitate to reach out. We are looking forward to hearing from you! I'm Dr. Bob and I've got your back covered!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.